Doug Kirkpatrick, co-founder of The Self-Management Institute, original team member of Morning Star and author of “Beyond Empowerment”, shares his insights about common misconceptions of self-management, what it really takes to have self-management work, and the example of Haier (the largest appliance manufacturer in the world) in China which is organised into 4,000 self-managing teams.
How to follow Doug:
- Twitter: @Redshifter3
- Doug’s book “Beyond Empowerment: The Age of the Self-Managed Organization”
- The 12 Keys to the Workplace of the Future (Huffington post blog)
- ”Haier Elevation” – Doug’s blog about Haier for The Huffington Post
- Book: “Freedom and Accountability” by Peter Koestenbaum and Peter Block
- Book: “Conversations for Action and Collected Essays” by Fernando Flores