Luz Iglesias, Director of Recruitment, and Edwin Jansen, Head of Corporate Development, work at Ian Martin Group, a self-managed, teal recruitment company with 400 employees across Canada and India. They share examples and stories of the initiatives, decisions and creativity that have sprung up in response to the COVID-19 pandemic without any central coordination, and how adaptability and humanity can flow freely in a self-organised system because of the mindset shift it facilitates. As former managers, they reflect on how liberating it is to distribute the responsibility of responding, strategising and taking care of people operations.
How to follow Ian Martin Group:
- Twitter: IanMartinGroup
- Leadermorphosis episode with Edwin Jansen about Fitzii, part of Ian Martin Group
- Book: The Decision Maker by Dennis Bakke
- Video: Luz talking about decision-making and IMG's 'teal operating system' from Loomio
- About Patrick Lencioni’s “thematic goal” concept
- Leadermorphosis episode with Aaron Dignan, author of Brave New Work